Wednesday 31 January 2018
31 January 2018– IP EXPO, Europe’s number one enterprise IT event series, today announces the return of IP EXPO to Manchester for its 2018 IT showcase. Running across 25th and 26th April 2018 at Manchester Central, IP EXPO Manchester, now incorporating Cyber Security Manchester, will bring together some of the brightest minds in the technology industry to discuss and debate the technology issues affecting the world.
With GDPR set to come into force on 25th May 2018, just 29 days after IP EXPO Manchester, this year’s event will have a significant focus on all things cyber security. All facets of cyber security and risk mitigation, from perimeter firewalls to the latest threat intelligence solutions will be discussed to help organisations ensure they are ready for the new GDPR compliant world.
“At times 2017 felt like a year of data breaches. From WannaCry in May to Equifax in September, every month there was a cyber security issue of some kind dominating the headlines. However, as GDPR comes into force the repercussions for organisations who experience a breach will now be far greater than the loss of data or disruption to business,” comments Bradley Maule-ffinch, EMEA Portfolio Director for the IP EXPO Event Series. “For IP EXPO Manchester 2018, we’re bring together experts from across industry and academia to share their vision and knowledge on cyber security in the year ahead. We want to enable delegates to walk away confident that they’ll execute the right cyber security strategy for their business in the era of GDPR.
Attendees at this year’s event will have the opportunity to hear from a range of world class influential speakers over the two-day event, focusing on the six themes of Cyber Security, AI, Cloud & IoT, Networks & Infrastructure, Data & Analytics and DevOps. The first to be announced include:
- Dr Hannah Fry, Lecturer in the Mathematics of Cities at the Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis at UCL
- Comedian Bennett Arron, who’ll discuss the reality of having your identity stolen
- Rik Ferguson, Global VP Security Research at Trend Micro
- Dr Angie Ma, Founder of ASI Data Science
- James Akrigg, Head of Technology for Partners at Microsoft
- Ian Massingham, Worldwide Lead, AWS Technical & Developer Evangelism at Amazon Web Services
- Mete Atamel, Developer Advocate at Google Cloud
- Margriet Groenendijk, Developer Advocate at IBM
- Holly Grace Williams, Penetration Testing Team Leader at Sec-1
Get involved on Twitter using the #IPEXPOManchester hashtag.